Apparently, I buy too many records

My wife Helen, like every other woman i've ever lived with, believes that I buy too many records.

Which, as every record-buying man knows, is a ridiculous belief.

I will concede, however, that I do indeed buy a lot of records and that I don't afford them the same amount of listens and attention that I did 20 or 30 years ago.

To this end, I have decided to blog about the records that I buy, in order to help my appreciation of them - and perhaps to show Helen that I don't buy that many records after all.

Because i'm crap with deadlines the blog posts will be sporadic and probably be about a month or 2 behind but that's just the way i am! The posts will not necessarily be actual reviews (most likely comments, at best) and will generally be pretty damn short due to the reasons outlined above. As a writer in a previous existence i have decided not to worry about writing as art in the pieces but, instead, to attempt to convey feeling over semantic (and often grammatic) perfection.

And 'OCRB'? It stands for 'Obsessive Compulsive Record Buying' - a little known mental health affliction that is potentially damaging to the bank account but ultimately life-affirming. It is sad.......but a nice form of sad.

Friday 23 September 2011

Motion sickness of time travel: Luminaries & synastry (Digitalis)


Second album this year and second vinyl release after a veritable shitload of cassette releases, this album is  a thousand times better than the last one (see review) and that one was pretty fucking special. Starting the album in an almost danceable techno mode, the album soon displaces itself  into complete and utter beautiful realms of ethereal deliciousness     and a spellbinding sense of perfection. The music floats around the room and the half-heard voices enter your consciousness like angels speaking your desires. I love this album and i can't wait for the next instalment in this ridiculously captivating series. The pink vinyl is gorgeously unnecessary but the addition of a cd copy (with extra tracks) is a great addition. Now i can enjoy the motion sickness in my car, for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment